Presenting the look & feel solutions to a client can be a decisive moment of the creative process. The most appropriate and brilliant solutions can get rejected in a mismanaged presentation.
Here are 8 tips for presenting the look & feel solutions to a client:
- Share the meeting agenda in advance. Include the goals of the meeting and ensure that it matches client expectations.
- Think of Feng Shui; If you are presenting the solutions physically, decide where and how you want your client to review the work so that you can help create a collaborative environment.
- Start the meeting with a review of the decisions made to date, such as creative brief, goals, target audience and brand positioning.It is important to get agreement on the creative brief prior to starting concept explorations. Include mood board, and visual exercise results to build consensus on the feeling of potential look & feel concepts.
- Present each solution as a concept that addresses agreed goals. Describe how the concept addresses values that are important to the users and client. Do not dive into aesthetics right away, instead talk about meaning.
- Present the solutions that you believe in that work best for the client’s needs. Avoid presenting too many solutions that dilute the key concepts and may confuse the client.
- Be a facilitator of collaborative conversation rather the receiver of aesthetic criticism.
- Summarize the meeting result and share next steps.
- Follow up with meeting notes with the decisions that were made.